...well, I'd be happy with just a working ethernet and hotplug for now
e.c.
Hi-
I tried the liveCD install and it worked great- USB, wireless ethernet, and all hardware worked fine first time. Convinced me to pretty much abandon Windows and do a full hard drive install, and now I'm pretty disappointed- had to manually mount the external HD, still haven't gotten hotplug or ethernet to work.
If I could just copy the settings from the liveCD to the hd install I would be perfectly happy, is there a way to do this? Maybe boot into the liveCD and copy a bunch of files from there?
please let me know,
e.c.
...well, I'd be happy with just a working ethernet and hotplug for now
e.c.
If you had your external hard drive plugged in when you installed Knoppix, the information you need is probably on your hard drive. New devices will still be detected after installing Knoppix even if you don't see the hotplug meeter during boot.
Probably all you need to do is to make a link on your desktop to your external hard drive.
Try right clicking the desktop, select "Create New", "Device", "Hard Disc Device", click on the "Device" tab, use the pulldown menu to select your hard drive. Your device will probably be something like /dev/sda1 (/mnt/sda1).
If you run into a problem, post your /etc/fstab.
I'm not sure how your permissions are set up. If you can't mount it with the desktop icon, simply open a shell, log in a root, type "mount /mnt/sda1" - or whatever the mount point in /etc/fstab is for your device.

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
CISCO CVR-X2-SFP10G X2 to SFP+ 10GB 74-6321-03 Converter Module *Lot of 14”
$115.19
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
Lenovo 00YK615 Intel X710-DA2 10GbE 2-port SFP+ PCI-E FC Network Adapter NIC
$27.99
Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$30.00
Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99