-
fsck and Knoppix partition
I have a triple boot system, Mandrake9, Win98, and Knoppix20021207. Knoppix has been installed via the knx-hdinstall script to /dev/hdb9. If I am in Mandrake at a console and type "fsck /dev/hdb9" it fails with the following:
fsck 1.27ea (14-Mar-2002)
e2fsck 1.27ea (14-Mar-2002)
fsck.ext2: File system has unsupported feature(s) (/dev/hdb9)
e2fsck: Get a newer version of e2fsck!
Given that 1.27 seems pretty new, can someone explain this so I can get a warm fuzzy feeling about my Knoppix HD install?
-
Trusting my computer sans Palladium
I ran fsck from a console in Knoppix and the version number was 1.30-WIP (30-Sep-2002). When are you going to learn to trust your computer? If your computer were ever to lie to you it would certainly trick you into going outside and lock the door.
Sincerely,
Yourself
-
versions
I think alot of the packages on knoppix are the cutting edge unstable versions.. yet it has old things like acro reader 4 instead of 5..
the versions are all over the place, alot are the latest that apt get does not seem to have.
maybe I am wrong..
Although I am eventualy going to load debian from scratch to load a stable release as soon as the net one comes out. and be very aware of the dependencies as i go from now on.
I wounder if fsck is a stable version...
Similar Threads
-
By Cowboy7704 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 03-30-2004, 09:40 PM
-
By Cowboy7704 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-30-2004, 03:49 PM
-
By bobalex in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-28-2004, 07:48 PM
-
By ramu_i in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-02-2004, 08:26 AM
-
By fingers99 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-11-2003, 12:21 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

ORICO 4 Bay RAID Drive Enclosure - Upgraded JMS591 Chip - USB 3.2 Gen2x2 20Gbps
$279.99

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00