Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: Forum Mail Notifications - Ideas...

  1. #11
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,338
    Durand, I think we are beating a dead horse here, I have both locations, the one that my error is screaming about, and the one that you mentioned in your post....

    So, I don't know why it is yelling, considering that both locations exist...

    Only thing I can think of is that when KMail "passes" the link/location to Mozilla, it is somehow, not correctly being interpreted []

    Again, this is one of the reasons I thought that a "simple" addition to the email notification would get me by, 'cause I have gone this route before, and am where I was before, simply examining the link of the email notification, reading the subject of the topic, and then going to my Mozilla session and running around to find the post.

    Oh well,
    Ms. Cuddles

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuddles
    This is exactly what I did before, and it didn't work, same this time, I changed the File Association for HTML to point to Mozilla-1.5 - and now, when I click on the link in KMail attachment, it tries to fire off mozilla, only to cause an error in opening the mozilla session. Something, from what I can tell, KMail is passing a parameter to get to the link, but the link is not the "real" link, but rather, a temp link created by KMail - Mozilla is not able to open the temp link, which it shouldn't be trying to open that link, but should be the "real" link.
    I just fixed this (trying to use firefox instead of konqueror).

    Right-click a .html file and select "Edit File Type..."
    Select the entry for mozilla (or whatever) and click "Edit..."
    Click the "Execute" tab and check the Command box. It should be something like "mozilla %u".

    This launches mozilla using the URL (instead of grabbing a file).

    You might need to wait a few minutes for the system to update itself... it didn't work right away for me.

    Link

  3. #13
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,338
    a1291762,

    YES

    That did it, it works, it works. ( I knew it was something with the associations )

    Thanks
    Ms. Cuddles

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Printing, Notifications
    By RoyalMail in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-13-2004, 02:32 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-06-2004, 08:47 PM
  3. few ideas
    By freeballer in forum Ideas
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-20-2003, 10:07 PM
  4. Some new ideas!
    By Sanja in forum Ideas
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-17-2003, 03:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Supermicro Server CSE-512L-200B 1U Chassis with X9SCL-F Core i3-2100 8GB 220W picture

Supermicro Server CSE-512L-200B 1U Chassis with X9SCL-F Core i3-2100 8GB 220W

$200.00



Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter picture

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter

$225.00



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$250.00



New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3 picture

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3

$219.99



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU   X picture

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X

$175.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99