-
Senior Member
registered user
TanZed,
I can't speak from experiance on the v3.4, I am currently still running v3.3, but, when I was running v3.3 off the CD, I used a DVD/CD drive, rated, I think, at 24x. It was slow, anytime I asked to do a program, like Frozen-Bubble, or fire off DiskFree, it did take a little time for the drive to spin-up, then access the drive, and finally, load and start the program.
How fast is the CD drive?
I can atest though, booting up was quick, surprisingly quick, considering it was all loading off of a 24x DVD drive. I think the boot-up time was comperable to what boot-up time I am getting having the system installed on the hard drive now. (probably due to the fact I have more things "auto-starting" on boot-up on the hard drive install [?])
Hopefully, this helps,
Ms. Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By tlo in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-27-2005, 10:43 PM
-
By nachral in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-17-2003, 04:33 AM
-
By doogie in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-15-2003, 10:02 PM
-
By arkaine23 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-19-2003, 11:23 PM
-
By John in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-07-2003, 07:52 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco SFP-10G-LR-S Reset & Tested Lot of 2
$32.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Cisco SFP-10G-SR V03 850nm 10GBASE-SR SFP+ MMF 10-2415-03 Transceiver
$4.99

Ubiquiti Unifi USW PRO AGGREGATION 28x10Gbe 4x25Gbe QSFP28 Layer 3 Switch
$700.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99