Quote Originally Posted by Craig2
There is no root password

for anything requiring root, while logged in as knoppix, simply type "su" without the quotes.
I'm also looking for a root password. My problem is that now that I've finally got 3.4 to boot on my notebook, I found an option under the menu to run "Ethereal as root". When you take this choice right from the menu, a little box pops up asking what the root password is. If you try to leave this box blank (or put in any password), you get an error message telling you that you have the wrong password and Ethereal will not run. It hardly makes any sense to me to have this as a menu option on a bootable CD if you can never get past this point (clearly if someone has done a hard disk install they could add this to the menu if they wanted it).

So why build a Knoppix CD with a problem right in the menu that there is no password for?