it`s quiet easy.... just press the k-menu button ->Knoppix->Network&internet->Configure Networkcard
for commandline just run
/usr/sbin/netcardconfig
or run from console: ifconfig --help (i think this is what you want)
Greetz
SSC
Hi
I would like to set easily network card configuration: speed (10/100), half/full duplex etc. and not only dhcp or static ip
In windows it is very easy but i can't find a gui to make the same with knoppix.
Is there some tools? if not, how can I modity this settings throught command line?
Thanks![]()
Marco R.
Italy
it`s quiet easy.... just press the k-menu button ->Knoppix->Network&internet->Configure Networkcard
for commandline just run
/usr/sbin/netcardconfig
or run from console: ifconfig --help (i think this is what you want)
Greetz
SSC
Hi ssc,
thank for your reply.
I didn't know /usr/sbin/netcardconfig command, I will try it although I think is not possibile to configure all network card settings through k-menu button.
Thanks
you can change this with this command :
mii-tool -F option eth0
possibles options are : 100baseTx-FD, 100baseTx-HD, 10baseT-FD, or 10baseT-HD
netcardconfig or ifconfig are for setting the ip and such, not for the speed
Hi farvardin,
thanks for your reply. I looked at goole for mii-tools and I saw it is what I need.
Thanks
bye

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
$280.00
Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00
Supermicro Server CSE-512L-200B 1U Chassis with X9SCL-F Core i3-2100 8GB 220W
$200.00
Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99
Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD
$239.00
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99