Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Hellp with script execution at boot time

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    28

    Hellp with script execution at boot time

    Hello

    I installed Knopix-3.4 CD to hard-disk. The install went fine. The system boots and works. The system does not start sshd at boot time. It can be
    started as

    # /etc/init.d/ssh start

    and works too. Is there a way to automate this process by making entries
    in /etc/rcn.d (there is no entry now). I made a link from
    /etc/rc3.d/S99sshd
    to ../init.d/ssh but i had no success. I have tried /etc/rc2.d/S99sshd too.

    I asked the question on debian-user list, and I have been told to read the
    documentation. I would appreciate a straight answer to make it work. I am
    missing something basic.

    Thanks in advance,
    -ishwar

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: Hellp with script execution at boot time

    Quote Originally Posted by Ish Rattan
    I asked the question on debian-user list, and I have been told to read the
    documentation. I would appreciate a straight answer to make it work. I am
    missing something basic.

    Thanks in advance,
    -ishwar
    update-rc.d ssh defaults as root.

Similar Threads

  1. LVM2 at boot time
    By lbloch in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-15-2004, 09:02 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-01-2004, 03:37 AM
  3. Execution segment violation with a driver
    By ZerBit in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-28-2003, 08:17 AM
  4. pppoeconf at boot time
    By oscar in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-23-2003, 12:55 AM
  5. eth0 at boot time?
    By FelixDzerzhinsky in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-27-2002, 02:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Apple IIe Platinum A2S2128 128K Computer - Powers On - Missing Key picture

Vintage Apple IIe Platinum A2S2128 128K Computer - Powers On - Missing Key

$249.99



Apple iic A2S4000 vintage computer picture

Apple iic A2S4000 vintage computer

$200.00



Rare Vintage Apple Computer Promo Set Rainbow Logo Towel Polo Shirt Report Pad picture

Rare Vintage Apple Computer Promo Set Rainbow Logo Towel Polo Shirt Report Pad

$199.99



Vintage Apple Rainbow Metal Case Emblem Logo rectangle picture

Vintage Apple Rainbow Metal Case Emblem Logo rectangle

$49.99



Vintage Apple iMac G3 M5521 PowerPC G3 500MHz 384MB RAM - No HDD, Bad CD Drive picture

Vintage Apple iMac G3 M5521 PowerPC G3 500MHz 384MB RAM - No HDD, Bad CD Drive

$249.95



Vintage Apple Disc II 5.25” Floppy Drive A2M0003 UNTESTED Macintosh picture

Vintage Apple Disc II 5.25” Floppy Drive A2M0003 UNTESTED Macintosh

$45.00



Lot of 3 VIntage  Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS picture

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS

$7.00



Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Bondi Blue

Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Bondi Blue "Hockey Puck" Mac Mouse - Free S/H

$24.99



Apple Power Macintosh 6100/60AV M1596 Vintage picture

Apple Power Macintosh 6100/60AV M1596 Vintage

$129.99



Apple Macintosh SE/30 Vintage All-In-One Desktop Computer Model M5119 picture

Apple Macintosh SE/30 Vintage All-In-One Desktop Computer Model M5119

$350.00