-
Junior Member
registered user
Well, I'm not usually one to cross post, but since I started this thread a couple months ago and found it again, I figured what's the harm in adding to it.
Anyway, I took Ghandalfar's advice and downloaded the Morphix/Firefox iso. After spending the day fooling around with it, it appears to be just about what I'm looking for. I would, however, need to make a few changes.
1) Change start-up background image and color of progress bar to match,
2) Boot Firefox into fullscreen mode less the title tab, add the printer icon and remove address/search bars,
3) Change default home page,
4) Disable the Firefox window resize while in full screen mode and/or take steps to prevent user from clicking on desktop to open a new Firefox window.
5) Disable Ctrl+Alt+Fn keys, and
6) Edit inittab to force user to login if they are able to crash X.
I'd like to try to do this myself if at all possible but don't really know where to start. Would someone be willing to guide me through the process? Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks,
Bob
Similar Threads
-
By Hunkah in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 250
Last Post: 01-28-2009, 10:23 AM
-
By empress101 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-09-2005, 05:48 AM
-
By pinoylinux in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-05-2005, 11:52 AM
-
By dragonwheels in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-22-2004, 07:17 PM
-
By sn0wflake in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-05-2003, 04:13 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99