-
Junior Member
registered user
Hello:
I even have an 0 Byte initrd-image for kernel 2.6, but it works for me.
Interesting ...
I think your error message has something to do with your scsi-disks (sda).
Could be ...
May be your scsi-controller is not detected by your kernel 2.6 and therefore there is no access to your hard-disk.
That would be strange ...
This Adaptec AHA-29139 Ultra works with the previous kernel and boots perfectly well with the CD.
Are you able to boot from cd with the kernel 2.6?
Yes, it works quite well.
Then you can try to hdinstall with kernel 2.6 booted from cdrom.
This is what I do everytime when I do a hdinstall. The other option is to build your own kernel out of the sources.
If I recall correctly, I think that's how I installed.
I wonder if there's a small quirk in the layout of the Knoppix CD or the install script. (Any ideas Fabian F.?)
Thanks for the input.
Best regards,
CIV
Similar Threads
-
By jobuli in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-09-2005, 01:01 PM
-
By rrfish72 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-11-2004, 04:18 PM
-
By popcorn in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-06-2004, 11:08 AM
-
By alex52 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-01-2004, 06:08 AM
-
By sanjay in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 11-01-2003, 11:36 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99

S-100 Industrial Micro Systems 8K Static Ram (IMS, Altair, IMSAI)
$69.95

Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board)
$40.00

BYTE Magazine Cover Jan 1977 Canvas Print 8"x10" Retro Computer Altair 880
$7.00

TDL “the ZPU” rev 1 February 1977 s100 cpu board
$345.00

S-100 backplane motherboard bare PCB 9 slot (for Altair/IMSAI)
$34.99

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$40.00

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00