I downloaded Knoppix and burned it on a DVD. I have setup boot preference DVD as first option. When I am rebooting my laptop, it's not booting from DVD and goes to Windows vista.
How to boot from DVD now? any help or suggestion?
Thanks in advance.
I downloaded Knoppix and burned it on a DVD. I have setup boot preference DVD as first option. When I am rebooting my laptop, it's not booting from DVD and goes to Windows vista.
How to boot from DVD now? any help or suggestion?
Thanks in advance.
Do you have access to another PC with DVD-boot capability? Try the disk somewhere else and see if it has the same problem. I'm guessing that this is a case of a bad DVD - that happens a lot with Windows burning programs, unfortunately. If it does boot up, the original DVD drive may be marginal and not work with that disk. There is a self-test feature built-in if you can access it - just wait for the big penguin to come onscreen and type in:Hope that helps!Code:knoppix testdvd
Krishna![]()
I would also try a boot menu if available on your system. Some systems use F10 or F12 to select the boot order. Your system documentation might have the details, or there may be a message on the screen during the boot.
I would also suggest reading the downloading facts located here: http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Downloading_FAQ
Pay attention to downloading and burning the iso to disk. Use a slow speed, since faster speeds usually result in poor quality disks. Using poor quality disks in the first place can also result in a poor quality disk. Garbage in-Garbage out!
I have had a similar problem with Windows 7 on an ASUS UL30VT laptop (no CD/DVD drive there, but using USB). For safe operation, I have to use the boot menu which I on that machine get by pressing ESC at bootup.

HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM
$195.00
HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
$280.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00
Supermicro Superserver CSE-836 Xeon E5-2609 v4 1.7GHz No RAM No Drives No OS
$249.98
SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$299.99
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99