-
Knoppix 3.4 and Windows XP File Sharing
I have already read this post (http://knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8725), and can access the shared folders on my windows xp machine.
1) Is there a noob explaination on how this can automatically be run? I have been just running it from root everytime I power on the system.
2) I can grab files from the xp machine to my Linux box, but not visa vera. What type of configuration on my XP box am I missing?
-
You need to start a samba server. Take a look at this link:
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqSambaQuick
Knoppix... Services... Start Samba Server
Similar Threads
-
By lotech in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-28-2005, 06:26 AM
-
By dprobert in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-10-2005, 08:44 PM
-
By shiva_iitm in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-13-2005, 08:02 AM
-
By slicksps in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-18-2003, 12:24 AM
-
By nickelbacker in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-01-2003, 11:48 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro SYS-E302-9A Fanless Firewall Atom C3558 16GB ECC 64GB SSD 6x GbE i350
$325.00

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99