Search in the hardware-section for screen.
Mention your graphic-card.
I did a hd install and I can't change the resolution, the screen extends beyond the botton of the screen and the quality looks bad.
I had a few guys who know linux download some new configurations, but no luck.
Can anyone help me, the screen is drving me nuts...![]()
Search in the hardware-section for screen.
Mention your graphic-card.
Perhaps you could change the boot parameters to match what you used when you got it to boot nicely in CD mode.
ie.. knoppix screen=800x600 noddc
so.. if you're using lilo to boot, adjust the lilo config file and rerun lilo.
For the correct X config in a HD install, replace the deficient X config files (XF86Config and XF86Config-4) with those from the ram disk of a successful CD install that used the appropriate screen resolution cheat.
I'm having the same problem with a Toshiba Satelite HD Install. Running off the disk is nice (even got the wireless working!), but when I tried to start the HD install script, the screen 'blew up' on my, a resolution I cannot seem to increase.
Any specific ideas?
Thanks
Jerry
Originally Posted by antskip
If you can run a Cd-based Knoppix at a specific resolution you should be able to run a Hd-based at that same resolution. Have you tried the screen cheats in CD-install, and then overwritten the XFree files of your HD-install? I had your problem with my UXGA screen, but got it running on HD fine.
Thanks for the reply.Originally Posted by antskip
The problem I'm having is specifically when I 'start' the HD Install. When I start that, the screen resolution changes where I see only the top 1/3 of the screen (i.e. maybe 800x600). Is there any way around this?
Thanks for the help so far.
Jerry
If everything is OK with CD install, and your XF86Config and XF86Config-4 on your HD install are identical to the set in the ram drive of your successful CD install, I don't know the solution, I am sorry.
Thanks for the help. Well, it must have been an anomoly. I've retried to run the script 'knoppix-installer' again and the resolution is correct.Originally Posted by antskip
Thanks for the help antskip.
Jerry

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00
$280.00
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
Supermicro SYS-E302-9A Fanless Firewall Atom C3558 16GB ECC 64GB SSD 6x GbE i350
$325.00
1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99