See if you can navigate to the /dev directory (K>>Quick Browser>>Root folder>>dev) and find the modem file. Right click on the modem icon and see what it points to.
Also, what kind of modem is it?
I use a hd install of Knoppix 3.3 and i cant seem to get my modem to work at all. I've tried using pppconfig to configure my modem, but when i use KPPP to dial out to my internet provider I get a message that says that their is no file or directory that has /dev/modem in it. Can some one please help me out
See if you can navigate to the /dev directory (K>>Quick Browser>>Root folder>>dev) and find the modem file. Right click on the modem icon and see what it points to.
Also, what kind of modem is it?
Same Problem down here!! My modem is a cheap modem (WinModem) make it work is a real pain more info go --> http://linmodems.org/Originally Posted by lenucks
I recomend U to go Buy a Compatible one, I bought a good one... and the light was made

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
Cisco SFP-10G-LR-S Reset & Tested Lot of 2
$32.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Cisco SFP-10G-SR V03 850nm 10GBASE-SR SFP+ MMF 10-2415-03 Transceiver
$4.99
Ubiquiti Unifi USW PRO AGGREGATION 28x10Gbe 4x25Gbe QSFP28 Layer 3 Switch
$700.00
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99