-
Upgrading after hdd install
hi all,
I've just finished installing knoppix onto my hard drive without any problems
. But I want to get clear on some of the things..
1) Is there anything wrongt with the '/etc/apt/sources.list' file, 'cause when I do , I get lots of 'file not found' errors and will not be able to install anything. So I edited the sources file to contain only those packages from debian.org. Now, where can I get a list of working mirrors (stable, testing and unstable), so that I can do a nead update.
2) If I have a good sources list file, will and work properly as in Debian
3) I am not able to install alsa properly. I get the following errors when I try to install alsa
Code:
apt-get -f install
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Correcting dependencies... Done
The following extra packages will be installed:
alsa-utils
Suggested packages:
alsadriver
The following NEW packages will be installed:
alsa-utils
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 76 not upgraded.
1 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B/129kB of archives.
After unpacking 381kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y
(Reading database ... 106700 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking alsa-utils (from .../alsa-utils_1.0.4-1_i386.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/alsa-utils_1.0.4-1_i386.deb (--unpack):
trying to overwrite `/usr/bin/alsamixer', which is also in package knx-alsa
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/alsa-utils_1.0.4-1_i386.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
thank you in advance
Similar Threads
-
By mkyb14 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-16-2004, 11:03 PM
-
By naventus in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-01-2004, 06:11 AM
-
By atko in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-16-2004, 04:22 PM
-
By Ander in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-11-2004, 01:49 AM
-
By mrnobody in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-17-2003, 07:05 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Supermicro CSE-732 Mid-Tower Server Chassis w/ Supermicro X10DRi 2x Xeon E5-2620
$325.00

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro E200-8D Barebones Server Chassis Xeon D-1528 X10SDV-6C-TLN4F 2x10GbE
$445.00

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

HP Proliant MicroServer HSTNS-5151 AMD Turion II Neo N40L CPU @ 1.50GHz 16Gb RAM
$174.99

Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 256GB SSD | 3TB HDD
$635.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00