You should start the portmapper before:
sudo portmap
tom
Trying to do an NFS mount using the following command:
sudo mount -t nfs beaky:/mnt/vast /mnt/test
But the command never returns. All other networking seems fine eg. WWW, and I can ssh to beaky. The request is apparently authenticated by beaky, but that's all the info I can see.
Any suggestions, general NFS debugging hints gratefully accepted . . .
TIA,
Ian Smith
You should start the portmapper before:
sudo portmap
tom
Strangely enough, I have _just_ got this working using the command:
/etc/init.d/nfs-common restart
which presumably kicks the portmapper too. Thanks anyway!
BTW, for future reference, I'd suggest the following:
sudo /etc/init.d/portmap start
sudo /etc/init.d/nfs-common start

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
$280.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00
SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$299.99
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99
Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99
Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99