-
Problems Downolading mediaknoppix
Hi nogod:
You may want to download smartftp http://www.smartftp.com I used it for the download and I had no problems. It does auto resume which kind of works well when you have issues like the ones you describe.
Also I uploaded it into eDonkey/eMule, so if you have that you can get it there too.
http://www.emule-project.net/index.php?s=downloads
-
Senior Member
registered user
my email is in my profile for anti-spam purposes
-
hi god , hi warlock,
sorry, it works great.
Thks for the help.
Happy eastern.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Problems Downolading mediaknoppix

Originally Posted by
warlock
Another possible tool (and one that is on virtually every linux distro) is wget.
Open Konsole and type "wget -c" and then paste in the url to mediapack and hit enter.
If the download is interupted for any reason, you can just hit the up arrow on the keyboard, select the command you gave to download mediapack, hit enter, and it will resume where it left off. Very reliable.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: MediaLinux of Opensourcelab.it

Originally Posted by
escherian
We are creating a remastered version of Knoppix 3.2 containing more than 200 multimedia apllications only from unstable and experimental sources.
We use fluxbox as a window manager for his low consuming hardware and the little space of disk it takes. Included in multimedialinux is cinelerra, moonlight3d and jazz++ , that are not already .deb packetized. We are going to add more as soon as we resolve some problems of libraries that conflicts ( basically many programs are dfepending on libvorbis0a wich you have to remove to install libvorbis0 that many other programs require ).
If you want I can upload the iso to your site for having better feedback.
By the way, our mastering wrtk is based on the istructions we posted in WORKING INSTRUCTIONS post by Marco Ghirlanda. These instructions seems to produce a high quality knoppix, as fast as the original. Fell free to ask any question you want to know.
Keep spreading opensource philosophy and soon we will have a better world
Hope it helps, Marco Ghirlanda
[email protected] [email protected] [email protected]
If you are able to get a host for this, please post a link when it's done. Sounds interesting. Thanks.
-
RE: Banwidth
Have you guys looked at sourceforge.net?
It seems to be a pretty nice setup to me.
I am planning to move MediaPackKnoppix to sourceforge sometime in the next because of bandwidth restrictions on my end (I'm currently providing the FTP access for this project).
I believe SourceForge is a good place because it seems to promote interactivity between the developers, contributors, and users.
-
Senior Member
registered user
fair enough... a new release is on its way.....
-
Junior Member
registered user
Just a quick note to see how this project is going?
I work in print production and I am thinking of making a pre-press version of Knoppix and was wondering if you have a list of packages on this distro?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Hi Rono64!
OOO, a prepressKNOPPIX, sounds great!
Regards,
-
Junior Member
registered user
Yeah, I think it would serve a need also, I could clear out some programs that would never be used like the games and replace them with how-to manuals and guidlines for output etc.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays
$499.99

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Super Micro 113M-3 Server Intel Pre Owned Tested And Working
$250.00