beware, the full option is
knoppix screen=1600x1200
![]()
Just tried out Knoppix yesterday for the first time. Everything worked great except the screen resolution was only 1024x768. I rebooted and used the screen=1600x1200 option and it didn't affect anything. I was able to modify the XF86Config-4 file to include the higher resolutions and load that from the floppy on boot. I have to customize my network settings at home anyway so this isn't a big deal. I was just wondering if I misinterpreted what this setting does.
beware, the full option is
knoppix screen=1600x1200
![]()
That's what I did. Before I adjusted my XF86Config-4 file I was using:
knoppix lang=us floppyconfig screen=1600x1200
Try it without the floppyconfig command line option.
Floppyconfig seems to overide all other options if present.
Or so it works on my setup.

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD
$249.99
$280.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99
Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD
$239.00
Supermicro SYS-222H-TN 2U 2x 6780E 144 Core 1.5TB DDR5 8x7.68TB NVME Rails
$79657.99
SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays
$499.99
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00
Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00