-
Re: An offer (someone) can't refuse...

Originally Posted by
Cuddles
Ok, I am seriously bummed on not being able to "see", let alone "download", the new version of Knoppix v3.4 - problems: a 56k dial-up connection, and a "small" town that probably has wiring that was used in Alexander Bell's time.
Can someone, who has a "working" v3.4 - hopefully, from what I hear, the one that isn't buggy, send me a working burnt CD of it, and I will trade you 3 CDR's for the deal??? ( I'll even return your CD Jewel case to you )
This contract will ultimately turn into a hard drive install on my system, since I am currently running v3.3 hard drive installed, I will want to copy off any configs, and docs, on this system install, gut, and install v3.4, and get it working with old configs - hopefully.
Current System Setup:
AMD 1700 XP
(external) seriel port modem/fax
80 gb (secondary - backup) hard drive
41 gb (primary) hard drive w/ Knoppix v3.3 and swap
512 mb RAM
On-motherboard video (not used) and a AGP NVidia GeForce4 (used) video setup
No network card, standard wheel PS/2 mouse, and MS natural keyboard.
Monitor is a ViewSonic ViewPanel VA700
On-motherboard sound card, with out going to monitor and external amplifier, in from external amplifier, no microphone usage.
ALSA (kind of) working, using cheatcode "alsa" and then hard drive installing.
I am feeling like I can't help anyone because I am not running the current version here, and want to be able to help, but fear that the version differances are getting in the way...
Thanks to anyone, and everyone, for any assistance,
Ms. Cuddles
if you still need a cd i will burn one for you
email me at [email protected]
don't mind the .gr ; i am in the US too
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-13-2004, 03:58 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$157.93

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX
$89.95

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00

Vintage IBM #192726 Paper Tape Punch Mainframe Computer Programming Tool 1960s
$135.65