Hi:
Ok, I don't know what knoppix version are you using (3.4 16-05-04, 10-05-04...) If you are using the 07-05-04 one, you have to boot like this:
boot: knoppix26 noscsi lang=your_language dma
If works in all the computers I have used it.
So try it.![]()
Hi,
Using a CD, I have no trouble booting the 2.4 kernel with knoppix 3.4.
But, I can not get the 2.6 kernel to boot properly.
I have tried both the "knoppix26" and the "linux26" boot codes but always hang up with the "kernel panic: attempt to kill init" error.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks
Hi:
Ok, I don't know what knoppix version are you using (3.4 16-05-04, 10-05-04...) If you are using the 07-05-04 one, you have to boot like this:
boot: knoppix26 noscsi lang=your_language dma
If works in all the computers I have used it.
So try it.![]()

Supermicro CSE-732 Mid-Tower Server Chassis w/ Supermicro X10DRi 2x Xeon E5-2620
$325.00
HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
Supermicro E200-8D Barebones Server Chassis Xeon D-1528 X10SDV-6C-TLN4F 2x10GbE
$445.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
HP Proliant MicroServer HSTNS-5151 AMD Turion II Neo N40L CPU @ 1.50GHz 16Gb RAM
$174.99
Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 256GB SSD | 3TB HDD
$635.00
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00
Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00