a dirty trick:
as root:
this should probit writing to the file.Code:chmod a-w /etc/resolv.conf
Perhaps you get an errormessage from the program, which tries to write to the file, and can change that program instead.
Please reply if it works.
Ok, so I edit the reolv.conf, putting in my two DNS IP's and run the PPPOE config utility AFTER having done so.
Here I click "no" when asked if the resolv.conf should be updated automatically....
And still it updates the DNS's, which unables the connection..
What am I doing wrong, is there a way round this ? So I wouldn't have to edit the resolv.conf every time I start up the machine..
btw, I'm dual-booting with win2000.
![]()
a dirty trick:
as root:
this should probit writing to the file.Code:chmod a-w /etc/resolv.conf
Perhaps you get an errormessage from the program, which tries to write to the file, and can change that program instead.
Please reply if it works.
I tried the trick, found a link /etc/resolv.conf -> /etc/dhcpc/resolv.conf and did the same to that file.
DHCP broadcasting ... backgrounding when rebooting and when I check the reolv.conf it's got a local area IP.
I'm on a homepna (pppoe) connection.

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99
IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99
IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30
1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM
$344.97
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
DELL POWEREDGE HP IBM SERVER XEON GOLD 5315Y 8 CORE PROCESSOR 3.2 GHZ SRKXR
$1100.00