-
Problems Personalizing KDE
I have installed Knoppix on my HardDrive. I love it. After spending 14 hours trying to get RH8.0 installed (xserver would not start no matter what I did), knoppix was a refreshing change. As far as I know, all of my hardware was automatically detected and configured by Knoppix -- wireless card, video card, etc.
My question is this -- I made a user account for myself and now when I try to make customizations to KDE, some of them are not persisted. For example, when I quit the "language choice" applet, it appears there the next time I start KDE. Another problem is that I can not modify the Konsole. I open up KDE Control Center /Personalization/KonsoleSchema and change the schema but it does not take effect. It seems to me that this is some sort of a permission issue since I can change the Konsole schema when I'm logged in as root.
Similar Threads
-
By mindmeddler2003 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-03-2004, 07:29 PM
-
By lesshaste in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-09-2004, 05:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Philco 212 CDC 6600 DEC PDP-8 Apple 1 UNIVAC
$69.99

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Bus Handbook Altair 8800 IMSAI 8080 Board Schematics Xitan Pertec Cromemco
$89.99

1979 Microprocessor Projects Altair 8800 Intel 8080 KIM-1 COSMAC Elf SWTPC 6800
$59.99

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99

640pg Best of BYTE Magazine 1984 Mac Steve Jobs Altair 8800 IBM 5100 Bob Moog
$85.00

Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board)
$40.00

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00