Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: monitor configuration

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2

    monitor configuration

    Hi all,

    I'm just learning linux and have just installed knoppix on my hd (for a dual-boot windoze-linux system) and there are two issues that need some tweaking I guess:

    1. The message "unable to determine video adapter" was shown at the end of installation.

    2. The look and feel of fonts and icons on the KDE desktop are not as they are when running from the CD.

    I'm not sure if both things are related. I've checked the xf86config file in /etc/x11/ to see if it's exactly the same as that created when running from the CD. No problems there. I'm banging my head against the wall trying to figure what the problem is, I really prefer the way things look when running on the CD. Any tips please?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    900

    Re: monitor configuration

    Quote Originally Posted by Sebas

    1. The message "unable to determine video adapter" was shown at the end of installation.
    A harmless message from LILO.

    2. The look and feel of fonts and icons on the KDE desktop are not as they are when running from the CD.

    I'm not sure if both things are related. I've checked the xf86config file in /etc/x11/ to see if it's exactly the same as that created when running from the CD. No problems there. I'm banging my head against the wall trying to figure what the problem is, I really prefer the way things look when running on the CD. Any tips please?
    XF86Config-4 doesn't affect how the desktop looks. There is nothing wrong with your system. KDE is highly configurable, just tweak it to your liking. Use the KControl Center

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2

    Re: monitor configuration

    XF86Config-4 doesn't affect how the desktop looks. There is nothing wrong with your system. KDE is highly configurable, just tweak it to your liking. Use the KControl Center[/quote]

    thank you so much, you're absolutely rigtht. In fact, for some esoteric reason, the machine needed a complete shutdown and reboot for the fonts and display to adjust correctly. Anyway, I'm sailing now, thanks!

Similar Threads

  1. monitor
    By alghieri in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-06-2005, 04:09 PM
  2. HDD install, new lcd monitor
    By Kram in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-16-2004, 05:41 AM
  3. Monitor problems
    By Daedaleus in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-10-2004, 03:44 PM
  4. Monitor recognition
    By Delbor in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-30-2003, 05:51 PM
  5. Problemas al Instalar monitor , Installing Monitor
    By comanam in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-09-2003, 07:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



Cisco SFP-10G-LR-S Reset & Tested Lot of 2 picture

Cisco SFP-10G-LR-S Reset & Tested Lot of 2

$32.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Cisco SFP-10G-SR V03 850nm 10GBASE-SR SFP+ MMF 10-2415-03 Transceiver picture

Cisco SFP-10G-SR V03 850nm 10GBASE-SR SFP+ MMF 10-2415-03 Transceiver

$4.99



Ubiquiti Unifi USW PRO AGGREGATION 28x10Gbe 4x25Gbe QSFP28 Layer 3 Switch picture

Ubiquiti Unifi USW PRO AGGREGATION 28x10Gbe 4x25Gbe QSFP28 Layer 3 Switch

$700.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99