-
Knoppix fails to boot into KDE from HD -- this used to work
I am having a very strange problem with Knoppix today. When I turned on my computer this morning, it failed to boot into KDE.
I installed knoppix on my HD a few days ago and have been running it since with no problems. Just today it will not boot into KDE and has strange problems. When trying to boot into KDE, the screen flickers for about 3 times as if it were trying to change the graphics mode but can't find one that the machine supports. The weird thing is that I was running KDE just fine yesterday night -- I never had any problems with the graphics mode before.
The other strange thing about the boot is that after I log in, the machine prints out a message such as "no permission for: /dev/null/" or somethign like that line after line in an endless loop -- I have to hit CTRL-C to make it stop.
Is this behavor that someone has seen before? What should I try short of reinstalling everything?
Similar Threads
-
By julan in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-07-2004, 07:54 AM
-
By vitoprimo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 10:04 PM
-
By lawkie in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-20-2004, 02:04 PM
-
By PigPen in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-18-2003, 04:54 AM
-
By srowe in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-28-2003, 10:43 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99

VINTAGE Digital Equipment DEC 50-19464-02 2 MB 100 ns SIMM 5019464-02
$40.00

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$749.99

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00