-
Serial card not working
I can't get a serial extension card (EXSYS PCI EX41092) to work. After installation according to the manual using "setserial" I get the "modem busy" answer from KPPP. What am I doing wrong? (kernel is 2.6.5 if that should matter).
Output from more /proc/pci
Bus 1, device 2, function 0:
Serial controller: Oxford Semiconductor Ltd EXSYS EX-41092 Dual 16950 Serial adapter (rev 0).
IRQ 17.
I/O at 0xb000 [0xb01f].
Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xff8fe000 [0xff8fefff].
I/O at 0xac00 [0xac1f].
Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xff8fd000 [0xff8fdfff].
root@UTD-Lx1:~# setserial /dev/ttyS2 -a
/dev/ttyS2, Line 2, UART: 16550A, Port: 0xb000, IRQ: 17
Baud_base: 115200, close_delay: 5000, divisor: 0
closing_wait: 37856
Flags: spd_normal skip_test
root@UTD-Lx1:~# setserial /dev/ttyS3 -a
/dev/ttyS3, Line 3, UART: 16550A, Port: 0xac00, IRQ: 17
Baud_base: 115200, close_delay: 5000, divisor: 0
closing_wait: 37856
Flags: spd_normal
root@UTD-Lx1:~# ls -al /dev/ttyS?
crw-rw-rw- 1 root dialout 4, 64 2004-05-09 15:47 /dev/ttyS0
crw-rw-rw- 1 root dialout 4, 65 2004-05-09 15:47 /dev/ttyS1
crw-rw-rw- 1 root dialout 4, 66 2001-04-15 02:44 /dev/ttyS2
crw-rw-rw- 1 root dialout 4, 67 2001-04-15 02:44 /dev/ttyS3
crw-rw-rw- 1 root dialout 4, 68 2003-01-11 21:06 /dev/ttyS4
crw-rw-rw- 1 root dialout 4, 69 2003-01-11 21:06 /dev/ttyS5
crw-rw-rw- 1 root dialout 4, 70 2003-01-11 21:06 /dev/ttyS6
crw-rw-rw- 1 root dialout 4, 71 2003-01-11 21:06 /dev/ttyS7
When I try to install a modem at ttyS3 or ttyS2 with KPPP, I got the message "modem busy" and the following 3 lines in the console:
Opener: received OpenLock
Opener: received OpenDevice
Opener: received RemoveLock
ttyS0 (the built in port) is working properly. Just the two serial ports on the extension card are "dead". When I write to the port, nothing arrives there. mgetty says that the modem is busy. What can I do to get this card working?
Thank's for all help!
-
go here:
http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/lin...03.1/0516.html
this page helped me to get this card to work...
I used kernel 2.6.8 (SuSE9.2).
You have to change the file:
/usr/src/linux/include/linux/pci_ids.h
like mentioned
and file:
/usr/src/linux/drivers/serial/8250_pci.c
instead of the mentioned
/usr/src/linux/drivers/char/serial.c
Hope you succeed, 
Wolfgang Borkner, Munich
Similar Threads
-
By pheonix991 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-12-2005, 05:00 PM
-
By Freanan in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-14-2003, 03:59 PM
-
By Noxferatus in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-21-2003, 08:58 PM
-
By Dan in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-09-2003, 09:11 PM
-
By antrod in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-13-2003, 11:39 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Lot of 5 Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm 300m Transceiver Module P/N: SFP-10G-SR-10-2415-03
$15.00

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99