Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Did anyone have problems running create_compressed_fs?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8

    Did anyone have problems running create_compressed_fs?

    Hi,

    I'm trying to create a Knoppix DVD but am having problems when I get to running create_compressed_fs. It runs until the process has allocated 3GB of memory and then dies. I'm wondering if anyone else ran into this problem. If not, how big was your source directory before running create_compressed_fs?

    Thanks for the info,
    Ryan

    P.S. I posted a pretty similar topic in Customizing and Remastering, but haven't gotten a response. Sorry if it's a bit of a cross post.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    140
    I had a problem creating the big KNOPPIX file. It just kinda quit before the file was created. I booted 3.4ct version and created the compressed file without any problem. But I am only at 1.7 gig so far.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    13
    ISO filesize has 2GB limit. Anything larger won't boot AFAIK

  4. #4
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by lorddecker
    ISO filesize has 2GB limit. Anything larger won't boot AFAIK
    I don't think so. I believe that the issue is that any file size within the ISO file (for a compliant ISO9660 ISO) is limited to 2 gigs, not the ISO itself. This means that 2 gig is the upper size limit for any file within such an ISO, the largest being the compressed clopp file. But the ISO can be larger, and could contain another large file or perhaps may smaller klik style cmg files.

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman
    Quote Originally Posted by lorddecker
    ISO filesize has 2GB limit. Anything larger won't boot AFAIK
    I don't think so. I believe that the issue is that any file size within the ISO file (for a compliant ISO9660 ISO) is limited to 2 gigs, not the ISO itself. This means that 2 gig is the upper size limit for any file within such an ISO, the largest being the compressed clopp file. But the ISO can be larger, and could contain another large file or perhaps may smaller klik style cmg files.
    Yeah thats what i meant. I have a 4.3Gig ISO image but the actual filesystem (iso9660) contains a sub 2gig knoppix compressed image as well as several 2gig vmware images ;-P I should've worded my answer better ;-P

    What i mean to say was filesystem not filesize
    %s/filesize/filesystem/g

Similar Threads

  1. used compressloop instead of create_compressed_fs
    By mathis in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-26-2004, 09:29 AM
  2. create_compressed_fs replacement
    By Pibben in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-12-2004, 10:30 PM
  3. Problems running photoshop 7.0 under wine
    By TheTempest in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-27-2004, 10:32 PM
  4. Problem >>> create_compressed_fs ver. 1.02
    By ralf in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-17-2003, 12:21 PM
  5. Problems with running remastered Knoppix :(
    By piom in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-17-2003, 10:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



AddOn Cisco SFP-H10GB-ACU7M to Intel XDACBL7MA Compatible TAA Compliant picture

AddOn Cisco SFP-H10GB-ACU7M to Intel XDACBL7MA Compatible TAA Compliant

$196.99



AddOn Cisco SFP-H10GB-ACU10M to Intel XDACBL10MA Compatible TAA Compliant picture

AddOn Cisco SFP-H10GB-ACU10M to Intel XDACBL10MA Compatible TAA Compliant

$224.99



SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED picture

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED

$24.99



Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver picture

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver

$20.70