-
Remaster to force cheat codes?
When remastering can you add cheat codes to make them hardcoded to the new disk?
Say...
boot: knoppix wheelmouse noeject screen=1400x1050
Can I remaster to incorporate this into the boot so that I dont have to type it in each time...?
(the machines I want to do this for do not have floppy drives to do persthome).
-
Hi , You don't even have to remaster (considered as installing whole Knoppix onto hard drive and than changing things you want) , you can add cheatcodes to "autoboot" simply by editing syslinux.cfg on iso before burning (there are some nice tools for that, check out "Things for Knoppix" on http://www.knoppix.net/ ) I especially recommend "knx-customize-image.exe" - nice and very useful when you use the "expert" mode (don't be affraid of it , just remember that syslinux.cfg you've edited MUST be exactly the same size as original one - you will be reminded of it few times ;o)) Anyway , when you get to the point of editing the syslinux.cfg file you'll see the default configuration as the first listed in the file - just type in your desired cheatcodes before or after the first "lang=xx" and remove exactly the same number of X's at the end of the file as the number of characters you've typed in and you're done. You may also want to shorten a bit the DELAY time used before loading the default configuration (including your cheatcodes) - to do so you can change the DELAY value (default is 300) but remember - this is NOT given in seconds 300 is 30 seconds so be aware of it. Good luck !
-
Thx ToBi!
I think Im getting close...
Im trying to get to is this result:
boot: knoppix 3 noeject
So I used the 'knx-customer-image.exe' tool and expertly edited it (removing the proper amount of '#'s) to this:
Code:
DEFAULT vmlinuz
APPEND knoppix 3 noeject lang=us ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init apm=power-off hda=scsi hdb=scsi hdc=scsi hdd=scsi hde=scsi hdf=scsi hdg=scsi hdh=scsi vga=791 initrd=miniroot.gz nomce quiet BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix
TIMEOUT 300
...
The "knoppix 3" part (booting to the console) is the MAIN option I need to work...I have tried this and Im having little luck...any idea?
I have tried it WITH and WITHOUT the knoppix to no effect (or is it affect?)
-
Here is how I got it to work...
The additions (cheat codes) go at the END of the line as seen here "knoppix 3 noeject".
Thx ToBi!!!!!! Couldnt have done it without you!
Code:
DEFAULT vmlinuz
APPEND lang=us ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init apm=power-off hda=scsi hdb=scsi hdc=scsi hdd=scsi hde=scsi hdf=scsi hdg=scsi hdh=scsi vga=791 initrd=miniroot.gz nomce quiet BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix 3 noeject
TIMEOUT 300
...
Similar Threads
-
By adamherb in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-02-2005, 09:27 PM
-
By Harry Kuhman in forum Ideas
Replies: 16
Last Post: 11-27-2004, 10:57 PM
-
By marklinux in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-11-2004, 03:28 PM
-
By dannyd in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-23-2003, 07:57 PM
-
By kzaty in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-29-2003, 08:34 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Cisco SFP-10G-SR V03 850nm 10GBASE-SR SFP+ MMF 10-2415-03 Transceiver
$4.99

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$20.70

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99