Sure Knoppix has burning software.
Just make sure that the burning drive doesn't have knoppix in it.
when in KDE hit alt-f2 then type K3b
That will launch the burning software. Forget how to start Image burning but its in one menus up top.
I've burned Knoppix ISOs in Windows up to now, using the Nero demo. It's expired, and I don't want to pay for it. So, I tried launching Knoppix, hoping to use it to burn another CD, but it just asks what application I want to use to open the file.
Does Knoppix have an ISO burner?
If so, where is it and how do I use it?
If not, can anyone recommend an open source ISO burning download to use in Knoppix?
If not, can anyone recommend an open source ISO burning download for Windows?
TIA
JD
Sure Knoppix has burning software.
Just make sure that the burning drive doesn't have knoppix in it.
when in KDE hit alt-f2 then type K3b
That will launch the burning software. Forget how to start Image burning but its in one menus up top.
Under the Tools menu, hover over CD, then select Burn CD Image.
Edited due to firebyrds faster response time.
A freeware CD/DVD burning utility for Windows is DeepBurner![]()
Well let's not overlook the obvious either!Since some people actually don't use KDE (yes I know it's hard to beleive). Something like the following will work just fine:
Code:cdrecord dev=/dev/hdb driveropts=burnfree,noforcespeed fs=14M speed=16 -dao -eject -overburn -v Knoppix.iso
Thanks, folks. It really irritates me to pay Nero for something that should be a part of the OS and burner that I already paid for (of course, we all know why this function isn't in Windows, right?). Followed the instructions and burned a disk in K3B - now to make sure it works!
JD
Well yea you could do that.Originally Posted by mzilikazi
But if your in fluxbox or something you could also navigate the menus to get to K3b (seeing how most newbies are intimidated by the command line) or (if their ready for these waters) type k3b into a command line to call it up.
Both ways are easier then useing cdrecord via command (for newbies anyway)
Amen!!
Acually I was at a website where there was an add-on to windows basic writing function for Image files. Let me see if I can recall it. Usefull for people who want to try Linux but can't burn images because they only use windows basic software.Originally Posted by j.drake
I can't find it. Though I think the ability may be introduced in SP2
I spent an hour and went from iso to working IBM A31
Thanks for the DeepBurner link![]()
Now to get the wifi detected. . .

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
Cisco SFP-10G-SR Transceiver Module
$25.00
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50