-
Wich files to pick when download knpx?
Hi i think that question came often sorrry for that but u got no search function so i couldnt find the answer.
Anyway.
I want to try knoppix but i dont know wich file to download.
I heard it should be able to fit on a 700mb cd so it wont be 2 of these 700mb files but wich?
I got german windows XP 2ghz P4 if that is important information.
And i got the program ahead Nero Burning Rom.
I hope u can help me and if the post is double than just post the link to the original post.
Thank You.
-Debbie Danger
-
Senior Member
registered user
There is a search function. It's called Search. It appears at the head of the page.
If your mother language is German (as I suspect), you'd be better off going to the German forum.
Otherwise, the file you need to download is either
KNOPPIX_V3.4-(release date here)-EN.iso
for the US english version
or
KNOPPIX_V3.4-(release date here)-DK.iso
for the German version.
There are versions in other languages, but they won't necessarily follow the same versioning scheme.
You can find them by doing a Google for (for example):
Knoppix 3.4
You need to burn the iso to a CD as an image.
There are details of how to do that here (use the search tool).
-
Senior Member
registered user
I believe the German version of Knoppix is designated as an DE.iso.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
pulsar
I believe the German version of Knoppix is designated as an DE.iso.
Yep. DK would be Denmark, eh?
-
Ok thanx for the support,
I asked a friend who is into luinux he gave me the right link,
yes dk is danish kingdom i guess.
thy anyway,
cu
Similar Threads
-
By ArticWhite in forum General Support
Replies: 13
Last Post: 03-09-2005, 08:08 AM
-
By robbiw in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-20-2004, 07:17 PM
-
By dcljr in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-20-2004, 07:29 PM
-
By TRANCEMoDe in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-27-2004, 01:23 AM
-
By eriixblaike in forum Ideas
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-10-2003, 11:04 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$164.97

SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$299.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$187.50