Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Knoppix / Damn Small Linux PCMCIA network card question.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5

    Knoppix / Damn Small Linux PCMCIA network card question.

    I know this isn't the place to be asking questions about DSL, but I can't find help anywhere else, and since DSL is really Knoppix, I thought I'd give it a shot:

    I'm trying to run DSL on an old laptop (P150 / 32MB), but it won't recognize the Netgear 410 PCMCIA>ethernet card.
    When I try to boot Knoppix in the same machine, just to see the hardware detection, it seems to find the card, but of course I can't finish the boot.

    So my question is: If Knoppix has a driver for this card (I can't tell if it'd work under Knoppix due to the RAM limitation), is it possible to copy that driver into DSL so that as it's booting, it'll see the card and install it properly?

    If so, where in knoppix would I look, and where would I paste the file?

    Thank you o-mighty guru's of Linux. I eagerly await your replies

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9
    and wait and wait and wait, I'll bet.....wish I could help.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5
    Thanks knewbex

    I check back here every so often, hopeful someone will take pity on me....

Similar Threads

  1. damn small linux problem
    By fatso in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-18-2006, 10:00 PM
  2. Nvidia drivers on damn small linux
    By yuhnstuff in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-10-2003, 01:18 PM
  3. Damn Small Linux remastering problems
    By TyphoonMentat in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-02-2003, 09:24 AM
  4. Remasting from damn small linux
    By firepunk in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-09-2003, 04:40 AM
  5. Damn Small linux and RDesktop???
    By Leg0z in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-22-2003, 10:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RARE Vintage Chicony KB-5181 Mechanical Keyboard  Monterey Blue SMK Switches picture

RARE Vintage Chicony KB-5181 Mechanical Keyboard Monterey Blue SMK Switches

$65.00



Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra picture

Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra

$120.00



Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used picture

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used

$55.99



Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board. picture

Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.

$135.37



Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot picture

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot

$316.95



READ - UNTESTED Apple Macintosh PowerBook 160 M4550 Vintage Laptop picture

READ - UNTESTED Apple Macintosh PowerBook 160 M4550 Vintage Laptop

$299.00



Vintage Dauphin DTR-1 Desktop Handheld Computer W/ Keyboard - OB19 picture

Vintage Dauphin DTR-1 Desktop Handheld Computer W/ Keyboard - OB19

$119.99



READ - Vintage Apple Macintosh SE/30 - Boots picture

READ - Vintage Apple Macintosh SE/30 - Boots

$850.00



VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED picture

VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED

$500.00



Vintage Magnetic Peripherals MPI BR8B1A 5.25

Vintage Magnetic Peripherals MPI BR8B1A 5.25" Floppy Disk Drive 77711800 CDC

$89.66