-
Junior Member
registered user
Network Problems (cannot ping/see other machine)
I absolutely love knoppix!
It was my distro of choice to learn linux! But with that aside... I desperately need help setting up my network!
If I can get my network going, I can use the internet on knoppix, then I'd REALLY use it a lot and learn...
I'm using version 3.4 05-17 of knoppix.
I have a few computers hooked up onto a 5 port ethernet hub. IP's assigned manually, 192.168.0.1 to my main machine (this one, a Windows XP box), and 192.168.0.2 to the knoppix box. I have ran netcardconfig and set the IP address... But neither of the machines can ping each other. I've done a HD installation of knoppix, and made sure nodhcp was a boot option, but still no luck. I tried using the live CD too, making sure it just wasn't the HD installation that messed something up.
Is there a way I can tell if the ethernet card is functioning properly? Apparently knoppix has detected it and set it up (eth0), but is there a way i can actually check to see if it's doing anything at all? (oh yea... maybe I can check the status LED on the hub and see if it blinks showing it's trying to send data lol... It's mounted on the wall of my desk so i'll have to pull it off to see)
Hopefully someone will have some suggestions and can point me in the right direction... I'm very new to linux, and I'm not sure where the actual problem lies within my configuration.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Similar Threads
-
By charon in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-17-2005, 02:14 PM
-
By prelude in forum Networking
Replies: 11
Last Post: 09-15-2004, 04:21 AM
-
By Aleu in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-16-2003, 10:51 PM
-
By Juny in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-13-2003, 06:49 PM
-
By in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-11-2003, 11:49 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Lot of 5 Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm 300m Transceiver Module P/N: SFP-10G-SR-10-2415-03
$15.00

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$30.00