Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Knoppix not booting

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1

    Knoppix not booting

    I've downloaded the Knoppix 3.4 iso file twice (from two different mirrors) on two different machines and have verified both image files with the MD5SUM file. I've burned both images to a CD using Nero 5 and Nero 6 (yes, as an image, not as a data CD). I've tried booting both CDs on both CD-ROMs of both computers (8 combinations). I've triple checked the boot order for the CD-ROM first and the hard drive second on both machines. I'm up for any suggestions at this point.....thanks in advance for any reply.

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Jackson, MS, USA
    Posts
    25
    What exactly is not working? Do the systems go on to the installed OS? Does knoppix attempt to load, but get hung at a certain point?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    5
    I hope it is not poor form to jump on here. I have a similar problem. I purchased a Knoppix 3.4 CD. I have tried to install it on two computers. One from a CD boot and both from a floppy boot all fails. With the floppy boot both computers boot and seem to recognize CD drives assigning them designations. Then it searches for Knoppix and says it can't find it and is dropping me to a limited shell. Looking at the Knoppix CD in Windows there are 9 folders and 8 files (such as root, boot, home, var,dev, etc, tmp, yos). All of these files show 0KB except yos which shows 1KB. I wonder if my CD is messed up. Any suggestions. I have tried putting in the commands knoppix nodma knoppix atapicd knoppix nopcmica in various combinations at the splash screen when booting from a floppy. Nothing helps.

Similar Threads

  1. booting knoppix
    By f15e in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-25-2005, 06:11 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-20-2005, 09:31 PM
  3. Booting Knoppix
    By proto in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-16-2004, 04:05 AM
  4. Knoppix not booting
    By Guitarist_7 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-31-2003, 02:46 PM
  5. Booting Knoppix
    By p3 in forum General Support
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-17-2003, 09:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$100.00



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -

$39.99



Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD

$29.99



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned

$29.00



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.00



Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive picture

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive

$42.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...

$30.00



Netac 256GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/Latop picture

Netac 256GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/Latop

$40.00