Right click the German flag icon, select Configure...Select US English from the Primary Layout. Click OK. At least that is how I did it.
Hi;
I installed Knoppix 3.1 to my new computer this weekend.
I followed the advice in the FAQ for changing the language and keyboard settings to English.
However, for some reason, under the user "knoppix" the English keyboard settings are not being saved in between sessions.
Everytime I log in the German flag is in the taskbar.
How can I change this setting permanently?
Thanks in advance
Steve
Right click the German flag icon, select Configure...Select US English from the Primary Layout. Click OK. At least that is how I did it.
And after you, see that is working correctly for a couple days, click that up arrow thingy, just to the left of it, and remove the flag from the desktop. Even though it nice to see th U.S. flag.
Bill
Originally Posted by mmaki
It worked!
Now I know how frustrated non - Americans must have felt all of these years using software made in the US
Thanks for the help
Steve

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD
$249.99
$280.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD
$239.00
HPe Proliant Microserver Gen10 AMD Opteron 16GB RAM, 3x Intel SSD, Working
$600.00
SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays
$499.99
Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00