Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: install_mplayer.sh (installor for the famous known MPlayer)

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1

    install_mplayer.sh (installor for the famous known MPlayer)

    Dear Knoppix fans,

    I know that MPlayer has a bad image because it's not license free compliant.
    Any way, it's the same for a lot a thing that are use in default Debian distrib (see non-free packages).

    On the same way, macromedia flash may be installed (install_flash.sh), I propose to do an install_mplayer.sh

    It would be usefull, as Flash Macromedia users, for users having rights to use such materials.
    (and maybe to add mozplugger to that....)

    Does it sounds good, or useless ?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159

    Re: install_mplayer.sh (installor for the famous known MPlay

    Hi,

    there are scripts from Kano that do exactly that (www.kanotix.de) and also the klik store (http://klik.berlios.de/) has some media players. mplayer was there and will be back as soon as I get some difficulties resolved.

    UPDATE: klik://kplayer works now

    cu
    probono

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    58
    Maybe fliot has a good idea.
    Your suggestions or opinions don't work.
    Your site doesn't have Mplayer and klik://mplayer doesn't work and you
    have no idea when it will be available.
    After searching through www.kanotix.de I wasn't able to find any script that
    would install Mplayer without installing Kanotix first and that's a maybe
    because I, like many others are not prepared to go through the switch to Kanotix.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    At least some of these scripts I've used with success on Knoppix. Moved to Kanotix since then though.
    http://kanotix.com/files/

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    16
    Does anybody have any idea what problems with mplayer have to be fixed before it will go back on the klik site? And how soon that might be? last I time I tried mplayer from klik, it was by far the best video player I'd used! Other klik players I've tried: I'm having trouble with kaffeine crashing on me (knoppix 3.3) and realplayer10 didnt have enough codecs installed

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    148
    I did a HD install of Knoppix (3.3) and tried to install Mplayer via Kano's scripts... Didn't work (for me; perhaps I did it in the wrong order as their are three lots of thinsg to install). Then again Mplayer has a reputation of being difficult to install and pretty anti-newbie :(

    I'd suggest trying VLC as well as Xine - check out http://videolan.org/vlc/download-debian.html

    HTH

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    klik://kplayer works now - better than ever (I could only test on Knoppix 3.3 yet, so please post back your results.)

    Now for the fist time with the ability to play Real streams, such as SWR3 rtsp://195.52.221.172/farm/*/encoder/swr3/livestream.rm
    (you need the Win32 codecs for this which you can install automatically through klik)

  8. #8
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    111
    I loaded kplayer thru klik (onto knoppix 3.3 live cd) but when attempting to run (typing "wrapper kplayer") it crashes and I see the following message: "relocation error: kplayer: undefined symbol: _ZN7QString6setNumExiet "

  9. #9
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    It seems like you need a newer version of the CD. I used the last available 3.3, but 3.4 should work too. Please let me know whether this fixes it.

  10. #10
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    111
    I'd prefer to find a later build of knoppix 3.3 - does anybody know if a later version of 3.3 (like 11-14) is still posted anywhere for download? I don't know how to modify the cheatcodes in the 3.4 image before burning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. kdm, mplayer
    By markleong in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-11-2004, 05:18 AM
  2. MPlayer
    By Pasq in forum Ideas
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-07-2004, 05:18 PM
  3. mplayer
    By pc3 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-20-2004, 11:04 PM
  4. mplayer
    By xyz in forum Ideas
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-28-2003, 10:30 PM
  5. mplayer on the fly ?
    By BlueIce in forum Ideas
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-23-2003, 01:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage DEC E2052-AA  AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap picture

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap

$729.99



Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board picture

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board

$109.99



Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012 picture

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012

$74.99



Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7) picture

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)

$279.99



Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation picture

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation

$79.95



Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On) picture

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)

$499.99



Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal picture

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal

$150.00



Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts picture

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts

$59.99



Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW picture

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW

$269.99



Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working picture

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working

$111.00