-
Firewire how to?
Hi,
I am trying to edit video under Knoppix (why not, it works perfectly for editing sound [Audacity is really great], photos, etc...). When I connect my Sony camcorder to my computer (a sony vaio) via firewire, I get the following when I run dmesg:
ieee1394: Node added: ID:BUS[0-00:1023] GUID[08004601021bc70c]
ieee1394: Node changed: 0-00:1023 -> 0-01:1023
raw1394: /dev/raw1394 device initialized
scsi singledevice 0 0 1 0
scsi singledevice 0 0 2 0
scsi singledevice 0 0 3 0
scsi singledevice 0 0 4 0
scsi singledevice 0 0 5 0
scsi singledevice 0 0 6 0
scsi singledevice 0 0 7 0
scsi singledevice 1 0 1 0
scsi singledevice 1 0 2 0
scsi singledevice 1 0 3 0
scsi singledevice 1 0 4 0
scsi singledevice 1 0 5 0
scsi singledevice 1 0 6 0
scsi singledevice 1 0 7 0
Everything looks cool, but how do I mount it?
I tried to make a directory in mnt called ieee1394 and mount the raw device:
mount /dev/raw1394 ieee1394
mount: /dev/raw1394 no es un dispositivo de bloques
Which hopefully is understandable as being spanish for "not a recognised block device".
Any idea what I am doing wrong?
Thanks,
Tim
-
By looking at the dmesg it seems that the camcorder's data could be recognised as a storage device undergoing scsi emulation (as most externel storage devices do). Thi means it can be accessed via a scsi device (sdx?) where x=a,b,c... and ?=1,2,3...
Maybe you could try [ mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/ieee1394 ] or something similar.
Similar Threads
-
By shimi in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-21-2004, 04:45 PM
-
By Guy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 10
Last Post: 11-05-2004, 07:46 PM
-
By muzicman82 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-01-2004, 03:10 AM
-
By level in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-21-2004, 02:16 AM
-
By jvdtorn in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-25-2003, 01:36 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800
$189.95

MITS Altair 8800 4K RAM Board
$675.00

Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI
$150.00

Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Cray-1 UNIVAC 1103 Apple 1 CDC 6600 IBM SAGE
$65.00

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer
$2550.00

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00