Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Motorola SM56 winmodem solution

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2

    Motorola SM56 winmodem solution

    Recently I was able to get my winmodem working in knoppix. I've made a zip with the information and the necessary files to use the motorola sm56 modem on knoppix 3.3(livecd). If anyone is interested in hosting this file I would be willing to mail the zip to them. I tried uploading the zip to geocities and angelfire without any luck. It seems their servers aren't catching onto uploads very well lately. The zip is 581.7kb I think here in a bit I am going to post this sucess on the official winmodem sites. I like the layout of this site and the open forums alot better so here's where I posted first.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    2
    Hi, I was interested to hosting/publish the file.
    Besides, I want the file because I have a SM56 winmodem and knoppix live-cd.
    You can send me the file to: zimtec(at)iespana(dot)es

  3. #3
    Hi I am interested too.
    Please mail me to [email protected]
    Thks
    bassime

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    2
    Hi! here is the address of the zip file:

    http://jordcb.eresmas.com/sm56linux/modem.zip

    I have not been able to make work the modem yet, perhaps because I'm newbie and a little inexpert in gnu/linux. The modem is recognized but it's state is busy.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2
    Zimtec tiene corregir sminst.sh para substituir TTYS"*" con el numero que correspondería con tú puerto de módem. En ventanas del micrsoft puedes encontrar el puerto de comunicaciones que el módem es en. Despues encontras el puerto de comunicaciones para su módem esta menos uno en linux.

    ejemplo: el puerto de comunicaciones en ventanas del micrsoft es
    "COM 3"

    en linux habrás corregir sminst.sh cambiar TTYS"*" a TTYS2
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *= uno numero delante de "TTYS" para uno del puertos.
    Hay dos casos de TTYS"*" habràs cambiar en sminst.sh

    My spanish isn't perfect but I hope this may help some.

Similar Threads

  1. sm56 speakerphone modem
    By lukenliz in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-22-2005, 02:37 AM
  2. Motorola Cable Modem
    By gandalf1967 in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-02-2004, 02:45 PM
  3. sm56 new driver problem
    By jban in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-22-2004, 10:16 PM
  4. External Motorola ModemSurfer 28.8
    By verlwb in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-07-2003, 06:45 AM
  5. ALS 4000 & Motorola SM56 modem NEED HELP!!!
    By boris in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-01-2003, 04:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation picture

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation

$500.00



HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer picture

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer

$157.30



Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25 picture

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25

$799.00



HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage picture

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage

$157.93



Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX picture

Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX

$89.95



Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive picture

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive

$649.00



Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks picture

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks

$79.00



Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ* picture

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*

$199.99



IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on

$500.00



Vintage IBM #192726 Paper Tape Punch Mainframe Computer Programming Tool 1960s picture

Vintage IBM #192726 Paper Tape Punch Mainframe Computer Programming Tool 1960s

$135.65