-
Format crashes computer at knx2hd. How do I bypass?
Hi,
I tried the hard disk installation knx2hd on Knoppix 3.4 and the computer hangs up at the formatting of the ext3 file system.
Is it possible to use another utility included on Knoppix to format?How do I skip the format in the installation process?
Frank
-
Re: Format crashes computer at knx2hd. How do I bypass?

Originally Posted by
transistorman57508
Hi,
I tried the hard disk installation knx2hd on Knoppix 3.4 and the computer hangs up at the formatting of the ext3 file system.

Is it possible to use another utility included on Knoppix to format?How do I skip the format in the installation process?
Frank
you can download SystemRescue live cd ( 50 mb ) from www.distrowatch.com and at boot type run_qtparted and you will be able to format your hard drive. Then install knoppix on the partitions you just made
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
transistorman57508
How do I skip the format in the installation process?
Configure the installer, then quit (without doing anything more), and save your configuration when it asks. If you don't specify a filename/location to save your configuration, it'll default to /root/.knofig (note the leading dot). Then edit the .knofig section that looks like this:
Code:
# Determines if the HD should be formatted. (mkfs.*)
# Possible are: yes|no
# Default value is: yes
HD_FORMAT="yes"
Change the "yes" to "no" and save it. The next time you run the installer, reload your configuration file (although I think it will load it automagically if you've saved it as /root/.knofig).
Similar Threads
-
By franz29 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-17-2005, 08:18 PM
-
By metavoid in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-08-2004, 09:45 AM
-
By cujillo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-11-2004, 05:34 PM
-
By dou01553 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-14-2004, 10:06 PM
-
By dou01553 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-14-2004, 02:21 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99

S-100 Industrial Micro Systems 8K Static Ram (IMS, Altair, IMSAI)
$69.95

Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board)
$40.00

BYTE Magazine Cover Jan 1977 Canvas Print 8"x10" Retro Computer Altair 880
$7.00

TDL “the ZPU” rev 1 February 1977 s100 cpu board
$345.00

S-100 backplane motherboard bare PCB 9 slot (for Altair/IMSAI)
$34.99

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$40.00

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00