Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: LSR safety check engaged!

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4

    LSR safety check engaged!

    I am getting the message "ttyS1: LSR safety check engaged!" with Knoppix installed on my HD when I try to dial my ISP via my PC Card modem, which is on ttyS1. I didn't get the message when working direct from the CD, and nor do I get it when working from the HD through an external modem on ttyS0. I also haven't had it using my PC Card modem with other distro's, such as debian and Slackware. Can anyone please tell me what the message means and what I need to do to get rid of it and be able to use my PC Card modem from my HD?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: LSR safety check engaged!

    --I get the message on my tower too, but don't know what it means. You might want to google around for that warning/error message.

    Quote Originally Posted by neil
    I am getting the message "ttyS1: LSR safety check engaged!" with Knoppix installed on my HD when I try to dial my ISP via my PC Card modem, which is on ttyS1. I didn't get the message when working direct from the CD, and nor do I get it when working from the HD through an external modem on ttyS0. I also haven't had it using my PC Card modem with other distro's, such as debian and Slackware. Can anyone please tell me what the message means and what I need to do to get rid of it and be able to use my PC Card modem from my HD?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4
    Thanks. Already tried that. No good.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041
    --Here are some googling results:
    http://www.ctssn.com/bbs/messages/337.html
    http://www.ctssn.com/bbs/messages/349.html

    http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/lin...02.1/0075.html

    Search of the Linux kernel archive:
    http://www.google.com/u/iuussg?as_oq...linux%2Fkernel

    --If the problem is truly heinous and unfixable, you could always access that last link and send an email to Ted T...

    Quote Originally Posted by neil
    Thanks. Already tried that. No good.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4
    Have already seen these and tried suggestions as appropriate. Problem is not heinous although it may well be unfixable going by the posts I've read. I just hadn't seen the message before using other distros on the same equipment and wondered what it meant. Thanks anyway.

Similar Threads

  1. check sum
    By Hige in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-12-2004, 08:39 PM
  2. Hard Drive Safety - Help a n00b in need!
    By trogdor in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-29-2003, 05:54 AM
  3. LSR safety check engaged!
    By montagne57 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-08-2003, 11:06 PM
  4. Newbie question about using the knoppix, safety etc.
    By JohnElmore in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-19-2003, 01:53 AM
  5. Check the mirrors...
    By Dave_Bechtel in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-11-2003, 04:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Lenovo 00YK615 Intel X710-DA2 10GbE 2-port SFP+ PCI-E FC Network Adapter NIC picture

Lenovo 00YK615 Intel X710-DA2 10GbE 2-port SFP+ PCI-E FC Network Adapter NIC

$27.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



CISCO 10GBASE-SR SFP

CISCO 10GBASE-SR SFP "Lot of 4” SFP-10G-SR

$47.99