Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Knoppix 3.4 ogg123 slowing system

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2

    Knoppix 3.4 ogg123 slowing system

    Hello,

    I have burnt a CD for 3.4 2004-05-17, it boots up till the start of X OK then becomes real slow to boot KDE, ctrl-alt-f2 & top reveal that two instances of ogg123 are using about 40% of CPU time for each one

    killall ogg123 had no effect so I used the sledgehammer ...
    killall -9 ogg123 .. a couple of times

    This killed ogg123 & amazingly KDE proceeded to boot at a vastly increased rate

    I have run knoppix checkcd ... it reports AOK

    I have reloaded knoppix (Thank god for broadband) checked its md5sum, re-burnt a CD but the same problem persists.

    Is this a bug or have I missed something dumb ?

    Cheers
    Dave

    PS knoppix rocks

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2
    I just looked at the 'PR' line, both ogg123 processes are in the high teens. I guess this is not my problem afterall !

    Out of curiosity, what is oop123 ...

    Dave

Similar Threads

  1. Using Knoppix to create my own system?
    By Ryan450 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-08-2005, 04:09 AM
  2. SATA connections slowing boot down...
    By FuzzieBio in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-13-2004, 02:23 PM
  3. newbie: would knoppix be ok on this system?
    By h0mersimps0n in forum General Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-21-2004, 02:23 AM
  4. Will my system run knoppix?? :|
    By darkmaniac in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-17-2003, 05:03 AM
  5. No root file system (but system works)
    By freyley in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-31-2003, 09:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal picture

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal

$150.00



Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board picture

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board

$119.99



Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012 picture

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012

$74.99



Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7) picture

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)

$279.99



Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation picture

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation

$79.95



Vintage DEC E2052-AA  AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap picture

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap

$749.99



Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On) picture

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)

$499.99



Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts picture

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts

$59.99



Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW picture

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW

$269.99



Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working picture

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working

$111.00