-
Black Screen During Hdd Install
I am trying to set Knoppix up on my second hard drive. I first created a partition that is FAT32 with Partition Magic. Later, within cfdisk, I am able to select this partition and I am able to configure the root and the swap, (5 gigs for root, 500 MB for swap - my memory is 256 MB).
I set up my partitions and get to the point where it says, "this will take 10 to 40 minutes". It installs to about 60% and then the screen goes black and the hard drive stops and nothing happens - just the black screen. I have tried this install procedure with cheatcodes and without - same results.
Version is 3.3.
Suggestions?
Similar Threads
-
By vinraec in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-28-2004, 04:32 PM
-
By mperry2014 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-29-2003, 05:58 AM
-
By HouseOfPancakes in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-01-2003, 01:30 AM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-24-2003, 06:00 AM
-
By Jmack0013 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-18-2003, 04:57 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Compaq 242506-001 Netelligent 100 FDDI DAS Fiber SC PCI Network Adapter Vintage
$249.00

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00

Vintage Intel SDK-86 8086 Microprocessor System Design Kit Evaluation Board
$599.00

Apple IIe Vintage Computer A2S2064 Powers On Apple II Untested For Parts/repair
$149.99

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage Cubix A2870 + 2x A2310 QL 2286 Video Module ISA Boards 1989 Untested
$207.92

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99

VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED
$500.00