-
Entering mounted NTFS in GUI-launched apps
Hi folks,
I had a Win XP crash and am loving Knoppix and how I can see all of my precious files in the root shell window after mounting the NTFS partition without a hitch. My problem, that I'm hoping some kind person can help with, is that I can't enter the mounted directory in applications launched from the GUI, which I want to do to get a good survey of my files, directory sizes, etc., and to get some CD-burning going on. Permissions show as having read access, but this seems to be something else. If I click on the partition from the desktop, for instance, I get "Cannot enter /mnt/win32" but if I check properties, permissions show read access for user, group, and others. If I open a picture with gimp or an mp3 with audacity from the shell prompt, I can subsequently navigate the files in the open dialog box, but if I launch the app from the GUI, I cannot enter it as if I don't have permission. Any ideas?
Grateful in advance,
Foobius
Similar Threads
-
By sladetf in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-24-2005, 09:05 PM
-
By enraged in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-06-2004, 05:27 AM
-
By icarus in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-07-2003, 01:46 PM
-
By tyiooo in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 06-12-2003, 05:25 AM
-
By eliashan in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-14-2003, 08:52 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$157.93

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX
$89.95

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00

Vintage IBM #192726 Paper Tape Punch Mainframe Computer Programming Tool 1960s
$135.65