I'm using Knoppix hd install 2.6.6 My Epson 1650 scanner works great from root (iscan, sane & xsane) Gimp works great with scanner. When I log in as user (jesse) all other devices work except scanner. When I click on xsane it brings up "no devices available". From root prompt# sane-find-scanner doesn't detect anything. The scanner works from root but not from user. I have tried changing permissions without luck. Same thing happens when using 2.4 kernel. Since it works from root, there must be a permission problem, but I sure have not been able to find it. Any suggestions?
TIA Jesse
P4-2.8ghz OC to 3.4ghz
Water cooled
very quiet

Rare Vintage Epson SD-800 Dual Floppy Combo Drive 3.5" & 5.25"
$199.00
Apple IIe Vintage Home Computer Model A2S2064 w/ Power Cord
$120.02
Vintage 1980s PC XT Clone Motherboard 8088 CPU 8-Bit ISA Slots Untested
$69.77
Vintage Toshiba Satellite 2590 CDT Intel Celeron 98 No Power Cords included
$150.00
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Vintage IBM KB-7993 Multimedia PS/2 Keyboard & IBM 12J3618 Mouse Retro PC
$45.00
Lot of 3 Vintage Quantum Bigfoot 2550AT 2.5GB 5.25" IDE HDD – MCI Engineer Coll.
$89.00
VINTAGE AOPEN MODEL SPI-200 200W AT POWER SUPPLY WITH SWITCH DS-PS-8
$34.95
Apple Vintage Joystick for Apple IIe IIc Computer Controller A2M2002
$72.50
Vintage 486 VLB Motherboard Combo AMD Am486 DX4-120 SiS 85C471 AMI BIOS SIMM
$149.00