-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Apt-get: Too Many Problems. Should I Go Sid or Slack?

Originally Posted by
Sammy_Jankis
Since my HDD install of Knoppix 3.3, I've had too many problems with apt-get upgrade. After upgrades I've had to solve problems with Locales, Openoffice and KDE. Now after the last upgrade Gimp is busted. Apt (synaptic, actually) is telling me that Gimp isn't even installed anymore and when I try to reinstall it I get:
Some packages could not be installed.
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
gimp:
Depends: libgimp2.0 but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libgtk2.0-0 but 2.4.2-1 is to be installed
Code:
apt-get install libgimp2.0 libgtk2.0-0 gimp
You had locale problems because Knopppix has them all more or less. Solution:
Code:
apt-get install localepurge
KDE I dunno- it's a PITA always wanting to remove itself. IIRC you can just let it do it then reinstall it. Of course if you're on dialup that isn't much help. A better answer is to use XFCE4 
What's wrong w/ OO? I have just done an upgrade to SID and had no problems so it all works.
Similar Threads
-
By mindmeddler2003 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-03-2004, 07:29 PM
-
By lesshaste in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-09-2004, 05:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM
$195.00

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00

SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$299.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$164.97

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99