I'm too lazy to work out how to remaster Knoppix myself, so I was wondering if anybody has already created a version of Knoppix 3.4 which comes with the closed-source NVIDIA driver and a kernel which is capble of running JACK? The other vital thing missing for me (and pretty much everyone else, I'm sure) that would ideally be included with ALL versions of Knoppix (and Linux in general) is the Flash plug-in.
My dream Linux distro would come with all that as standard and would be based upon the latest Knoppix but it would use either the Mandrake or SUSE install program and would come with the Mandrake 10 Control Centre/ Setup tools. I think this is what they're trying to do with PCLinuxOS but unfortunately their latest beta doesn't like my machine
I know about DeMuDi, but it doesn't work as a live CD and its installer is even worse than the Knoppix one. The Knoppix installer wouldn't be so bad if it integrated qtparted and gave you a few more options (like choosing reiserfs in 'beginner' mode and giving some options for having a /home partition etc.) WITHOUT having to manually edit the installer config file.
Whilst I'm here, how come I can't get anything to compile under the latest 3.4 without getting an error? It's a good job that under Debian you don't need to compile stuff most of the time but it is still a great annoyance. Is there a quick fix to this?
Thanks!
dan

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD
$137.59
HDD 3.5" SATA Hard Drive with Windows 10/Win 11 64x Installed Legacy
$35.00
HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00
Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99
HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00
Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99
Toshiba 1TB 2.5" SATA HDD MQ01ABD100V 5400RPM 9.5mm Laptop Internal Hard Drive
$53.99
Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408
$354.99