i'm having the same problem with old compaq, can someone help us
email me woulb be easier
![]()
I don't have all the specs on me, but it's an old Dell....a very old dell. I'm pretty sure it would run this, or my Slax LiveCD but I need to know of I can update the BIOS to include cd-rom booting support.
P.S. I can't boot from floppy, because my drives are swappable and it's either cd-rom, or floppy =(
i'm having the same problem with old compaq, can someone help us
email me woulb be easier
![]()
I had a similar problem with an old Compaq presario 1220 I found in a rubbish tip. Deep into the BIOS options there was something about optimizing for Windows or 'other' operating systems. Was able to boot from CD after switching. Just dig around.
Unfortunately Knoppix is too big for this wee lappy - it's only a cyrix 133mhz with 26mgs RAM and 2gig HD.
Feather linux runs sweet on it thoI have Knoppix installed on everything else
![]()

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72
HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61
Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00
Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00
Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00
Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99
Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95
Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95
IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00