OK, I'll back off at this point and hopefully someone that knows if or if not this wireless device can be supported in Knoppix will respond.

You do not need to do any login from your PC, and I don't t believe you even had to put a user/password in to the Linksys. Earthlink is using RR as the service provider, you'll see you go thorugh a lot of RR nodes if you do a trace to anywhere. Your router must be configured properly since you are sending these posts from it.

Also, if you have a free PCI slot consider getting a NIC card. You can usually find them around $5 retail or frequently free after rebate (I always keep a free one on my shelf as a spare), don't pay more than $10, and only pay a few dollars for a normal cable (some people will ask about $3 for a 10 foot cable, some places will try to get $29.99 for the same item. The same price difference holds true for USB cables, by the way.)