-
Junior Member
registered user
File System
First I want to say THANK YOU to everybody who has posted questions and the gurus who have answered them. I downloaded Knoppix yesterday and I was able to get most things working simply by scanning this forum. I am stuck on two things though. I can't get my soundcard working even though it is detected and I cant get my wireless card working. oh and 1 more thing, when i type dmesg, I get a screen FULL of
EXT2-fs error (device ide0 (3,5): ext2_write_inode: unable to read inode block - inode=xxxxx, block=xxxxx
remounting filesystem read-only.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hardware
Compaq Presario 900US laptop
512 mb
30 Gb
AT&T Lucent Wireless card
Thanks in advance!
-
Senior Member
registered user
FYI - It's generally easier if you only ask one question per post.
Did you install Knoppix to your hard drive or are you just booting the CD?
when you type dmesg try it like this:
dmesg | more
It will let you view all of the message without pushing it off the screen. Post the output.
I cant get my wireless card working.
open a terminal and type this:
netcardconfig
Hopefully that gets you connected.
I can't get my soundcard working even though it is detected
open a terminal and type this"
sndconfig
Post the output.
Open a terminal and type this:
lsmod
Post the output.
Similar Threads
-
By khwong2004 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-25-2004, 11:25 AM
-
By evirus in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-07-2004, 12:39 AM
-
By b0b-0001 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-07-2004, 05:56 AM
-
By Drewby in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-03-2003, 06:54 PM
-
By freyley in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-31-2003, 09:21 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00

SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays
$499.99

Supermicro X10DRU-i 2U 12LFF 2x E5-2680 v4 128gb Ram 480gb SSD 2x Nvidia K80
$749.99

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00