Hi Jamie,
this sounds interesting. But.. what is the question that you need answering?![]()
Hi, I have edited the isolinux.cfg so that I can place all the Knopix files within one folder. That folder is named KNOPP34.
I made this change to the isolinux.cfg after each APPEND command.
APPEND knoppix_dir=KNOPP34
OK i wouldnt even classify myself as being very knowledgeable when it comes to Linux, but this method doesnt work for me for some reason.
I know it can be done and would be gratefull to someone who will explain it to me.
I feel like Im taking crazy pills here and I am afraid I will have to flood every message board in the world until I can find an answer. Sorry if i sound like a moron but doing this mean a lot to me.
Thanks heaps,
Jamie
Hi Jamie,
this sounds interesting. But.. what is the question that you need answering?![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
lol, i feel like such an idiot! I edited the post. yeh, the problem was that this method didnt work for me. I had a million things on my mind when I wrote that...anyway I dont realy think it was that method that was the problem but if anyone can help me with the problem below I would be ever so gratefull.![]()
__________________________________________________ _________
Whenever I try to make a bootable cd I get this cd.
"Image checksum error, sorry..."
I use the isolinux.bin as the boot file and the usual 07c0 and 4 sectors and no emu., but I am always getting this error on every distro I try to make bootable. I also created the .WBT file with Winiso to use as the boot file and place the files as normal onto the cd.
Its driving me crazy and I have wasted so many disks. I think it might be a problem with the latest version of Nero 6 I installed.
Anyone got any ideas? I wonder if anybody else had had this error?
thanks,
Jamie
deleted this post.
I don't think I can actually help with this problem, but I'm real curious....Why?Originally Posted by radiokid
What will editing isolinux.cfg like this achieve?
I have to admit I haven't done anything with 3.4 yet so maybe this is why I don't understand what & why you are doing. Please enlighten.
Hi, I am trying to do this so I can have multiple distro's on 1 DVD in seperat folders so I can boot them through cdshell.
If it works, then it can probably work with all isolinux based distro's.
have a look at "remastering knoppix with squashfs "
it tells you almost what you want
( now ,about md5 error , did you rebuild the md5sum on the whole structure?
before burning )

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99
IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99
IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30
1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM
$344.97
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
DELL POWEREDGE HP IBM SERVER XEON GOLD 5315Y 8 CORE PROCESSOR 3.2 GHZ SRKXR
$1100.00