Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: How to transfer files using FTP?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    14

    How to transfer files using FTP?

    Hi I'm using Knoppix 3.4. Is it bundled with an FTP client with a GUI that I can use to upload files to my FTP server?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611
    You should be able to use konqueror for ftp transfers, just put-

    ftp://ftp.your.site.com

    and konqueror should give you the option to login. Then just drag and drop.

    I like to use ncftp (CLI program) or Gftp (gui program), but they are not in Knoppix as far as I know. So I put them in my custom remaster, Overclockix.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    51:45:20N, 0:40:44W
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by arkaine23
    [snip]. . . Then just drag and drop.
    Well, when I drop a .png file in my ftp folders shown in Konqueror, instead of uploading the file to the server, it just opens it in the browser.

    How can I tell it to upload it instead of view it within Konqueror?

    PS. The same happens with Mozilla, i.e. both applications behave as browsers not as ftp clients.

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    51:45:20N, 0:40:44W
    Posts
    19
    Oops! I believe this is happening because I am behind a company gateway/firewall. I have setup the proxy in Konqueror to use the gateway IP address on port 80 for ftp, but I assume that the company's gateway server will not allow any ports (1026, 1027) to open up for ftp exchange of data.

    Am I correct in my assumptions?

Similar Threads

  1. Transfer of files
    By usaramblinman69 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-15-2005, 12:56 PM
  2. Transfer .cmg files to peer
    By lilsirecho in forum Klik
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-17-2005, 08:23 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-18-2004, 05:32 PM
  4. TRANSFER THE CD BOOT TO HDD
    By Marius Croitoru in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-14-2004, 04:07 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-18-2004, 12:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS

$199.00



Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On picture

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On

$450.00



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$250.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server picture

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server

$689.00



1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU   X picture

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X

$175.00



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99