-
Small prob with internet connection using Knoppix..
Here goes, I am trying out the LiveCD of Knoppix just to have a play with it on my laptop. I have a wireless ad-hoc network here at home, where my desktop is connected to Ozemail ADSL and I use the WiFi to connect to it on the laptop.
The config in Windows XP on the desktop is 192.168.0.1, and the laptop is 192.168.0.4, I set the default gateway to 192.168.0.4 so I can connect to the net fom the laptop, and everything works well.
Now on Knoppix I have managed to connect the computers wirelessly as they can ping eachother,I used the same gateway as I do in windows, but I am unable to connect to the internet or ping any web pages from the laptop with knoppix on it, says something like no such host.
Is there anything I should know or try when I configure the network and wlcard next time I run knoppix that would let me connect to the internet?
TIA from a Linux noob.
Cheers
Fludey
Similar Threads
-
By Siege in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-14-2005, 06:02 AM
-
By gimhan in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-14-2004, 08:54 AM
-
By iisatrini in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-09-2004, 09:07 PM
-
By pfb in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-11-2003, 09:33 PM
-
By FUSiON Xbetas in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-30-2003, 11:04 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points
$30.00

NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED
$2999.99

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99

NEW - Cisco Catalyst C9300X-48HX-M Meraki 48x Multi-Gig Switch - UNCLAIMED
$8899.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver
$79.89