-
Problems with USB drives and writing to /mnt
I have COPIED (not installed) an earlier version of Knoppix to my hard drive and I run it with a 98 bootdisk which changes directories to the Knoppix folder and then runs .bat file: loadlin.exe vmlinuz root=/dev/hda5 initrd=miniboot.gz lang=en knoppix myconfig=/mnt/hdb5
Now this works very well and at the end of the session I can save my Knoppix config back to /hdb5. BUT I have had some difficulties in that I have two USB devices, a USB memory stick and an external USB hard drive. On boot up Knoppix "sees" them but when I navigate to them in /mnt they come up empty. If I make a shortcut on the desktop I can see and open the contents of the USB drives. However at the end of the session Knopppix will not save a configuration.
I can make alterations to the fstab, and they are retained (I thought that this would help at boot up) but even though I write the corresponding directories to /mnt they are deleted on boot up AND Knoppix will not allow me to save my configuration.
Are these problems occurring because I have copied rather than installed Knoppix to my drive?
Similar Threads
-
By algebraic in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-11-2005, 11:50 AM
-
By Pollux in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-25-2004, 10:28 AM
-
By powadha in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-04-2004, 09:42 AM
-
By ze-trinchas in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-13-2004, 04:18 AM
-
By ze-trinchas in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-25-2004, 09:00 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

DEC PDP-11/34 Front Panel Complete PDP11 RARE
$450.00

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00